Germany is one of the most wonderful places to visit in the world. Germany lies in the Schengen area. Germany is one of the most preferred locations for traveling for the UK people.
The German missions in the UK are located in both London and Edinburg which determines which German mission or visa application you require to apply for your visa. If you are not a UK resident then you can contact the German mission in your country of residence.
If you are a resident of the UK, holding a UK biometric residence Permit then you need to contact the TLScontact. if you have a short-time study visa then also you need to apply for your visa to the TLScontact.
Here, in this article, we are going to provide you with all the details of visa application to Germany from the UK.
Who can apply for a German visa from the UK?
You need to apply for a German visa to Germany from the UK if:
- You are going to visit only Germany which means you want to visit Belgium only then you will not be allowed to apply for a German visa. You need to plan to visit Germany then you will be qualifying for the German visa.
- For the Schengen country where you are going to spend most of the period of your tour, you need to apply for a visa for that country only.
- If Germany is the first country where you are going to visit first then you need to apply for a German visa. You need to visit first the Schengen country from where you have taken the Schengen visa. Then you can visit other countries in the Schengen area.
Table of Contents
German visa application required documents:
If you are a foreigner living in the UK, to get a visa to Germany from the UK, you need to complete an application form. You need to fill up the form online carefully. Then you need to print it out twice. After thorough verification, you need to sign at the end.
Then you need to book an appointment with the German Consulate or German Embassy. At the time of the interview, you need to show various documents. You need to bring copies as well as the originals of these documents at the time of the interview.
You need to have all the following documents at the German visa application center in the UK.
- You need to have a valid passport with two blank pages. The passport must be valid for the next three months from the date of your return from Germany. The passport must have been issued within 10 years.
- Your visa application form with a color photo.
- Your confirmed travel tickets.
- Your bank statement for the last 6 months.
- Your German hotel or accommodation agreement document.
- If you have a previous visa or passport.
- Your travel health insurance covers you for at least 30,000 Euros and it must be valid for all Schengen areas.
- A statement from your bank that will say you have enough money to cover your entire living costs in Germany.
Depending upon your present employment status, you need to provide some additional documents such as:
- Your current employment status
- Your bank statement for the last 6 months
- Your Income Tax Return
- Your employer’s permission to leave
For International students:
- Proof of enrollment
- No objection certificate from the school and university
For the self-employed:
- Your business license
- Your Income Tax return
- Last six months’ bank statement
How to apply for a Schengen visa to Germany from the UK?
If you are a resident of the UK, you need to follow these three steps to apply for a German visa from the UK:
The three steps are:
- Book an appointment at the Consulate office
- Complete a visa application form
- Send the application form to the consulate office
After filling up the German visa application online you need to book an appointment at the Consulate office in London, Edinburg, or Manchester. There you need to submit all the relevant documents need to get a German Schengen visa.
You need to book the appointment at least 12 weeks before the date you are planning to visit Germany from the UK. The interview is very crucial for getting a Schengen visa, so you don’t need to be nervous at the time of the interview.
Otherwise, you may fail to get a German visa from the UK.
Germany visa fee for UK residents:
Since Germany is in the Schengen area, the visa fees are the same as in the other Schengen area. Here are the Schengen German visa fees for UK residents:
- For an adult: 51£ or 60 €
- For a child between 6 to 12 years old: 30 £ or 35 €
- For a child between 0 to 6 years old: Free
Can I get a Schengen visa in 3 days for Germany?
Ans: it will be better if you apply for a Schengen visa at least 20 working days from the date of your German travel. It can take two weeks for processing a Schengen visa. Though the processing of the visa may take more than this period for some cases.
What documents do I need for a German Schengen visa?
Ans: To get a German Schengen visa you need to provide your pay slips for at least three months, your Income Tax return, and your bank statements for the last three months.
Do I need a visa for Germany from the UK after Brexit?
Ans: If you are a UK citizen then you can travel to Germany for all purposes only having your valid passport. You can stay there for up to 90 days. If you need to stay there for a longer period then you need to apply for a Schengen visa.
If you are a British citizen, you need to travel to Germany then you can stay there for up to days in 180 days period without having a visa permit. If you intend to live in Germany for a longer period then you need to have a visa permit.
UK residents who are holding a valid UK residence permit need to apply for a Schengen German visa. You must meet the country’s rules so that you will become eligible for a Schengen German visa from the UK.