Nowadays, businesses are always looking for upgrades to stay relevant in a constantly changing market. Every one of them must have an online platform and a target audience to make their business more appealing and approachable.
But if you want to grow your business, you need to know who your competition is and what they are doing for customer retention and increased sales. After all, you’ll always learn something new about how to do business, so why not look into what others are doing and try implementing it into your company? Regardless of your work industry, competition will always be a compass for your business. But there’s more than that when it comes to growing a company, so here are five ways to help your business expand.
Table of Contents
Look for new hardware
Upgrading your business means identifying and preventing problems in your company. Anything that concerns you or your employees regarding the workflow or the tools provided needs to be solved when possible. Otherwise, you might be faced with losses and unpleasant situations. That’s why you need to invest in quality hardware and look for new versions of your current tools.
Upgrading your technology has other benefits than improving your business image, like saving money and improving productivity levels. Your employees can accomplish more if they’re provided with the right devices.
Develop your plastic products
If your business consists of manufacturing plastic products or packaging, you might want to use qualitative and sustainable materials like HDPE (High-Density Polyethylene). Being produced at low pressure makes it a tough product resistant to water and fats. But for automotive parts, toys or computers, consider upgrading your business with HDPE injection moulding. This process includes painting, welding and assembly operations for any type of product.
On the other hand, if you’re using thermoplastics as a source for your final products (like ABS, ASA, HDPE), you need to look for more advanced procedures. For a high-gloss finish and no further processing required, choose high-pressure injection moulding, which is a process of melting plastic to form a liquid paste, followed by injecting it into a tempered mould under high pressure. The clamping force of the machines and the injection volume are used differently depending on the assembly approach. If you’re looking to cut costs due to growing demand, the manufacturing price can decrease if you’re producing a large number of components and scaling up your production. Therefore, injection moulding is a great investment for your business.
Cultivate strategic partnerships
Promoting your business goes beyond social media. You need to foster strategic partnerships that will benefit your business more with visibility and credibility among your customers. Collaborations with other companies can help you:
- Strengthen your clientele
- Boost revenues
- Increase market share
- Sell your products in new regions
- Acquire knowledge regarding new technology and manufacturing methods
But how do create such partnerships? It’s not as difficult as it seems. Here are four steps to follow:
- Start with what you need. Create a specific long-term goal after assessing what your business might need to grow (anything from distribution to finances).
- Do your research. You need to start contacting people in your network or businesses and have simple conversations about how other companies can help you reach your goals and make sure that the partnership is mutually beneficial.
- Consider an official agreement. After finding your partner, it would be good to create and sign a legal contract stating both parties’ stipulations.
- Sustain the partnership. After the agreement is officially done, it’s important to keep in contact with your partner if possible.
Add new sales channels
It might be obvious to everyone that going online with your business will have many benefits to the company, from promoting your products to creating communication channels for your customers to use. But it’s not easy to keep up with trends and implement new sales channels, as it requires time and effort. But it’s worth it, as your business can expand overseas and connect with new customers. There are plenty of online channels out there, and you can use the most relevant ones for your business if you want to reach a wider audience. For example:
- Invest in digital marketing to scale and measure your business’s performance. Digital marketing is cost-effective, and it targets your audience effectively for increased engagement.
- Create an SEO strategy. You need to build your site and optimise keywords to drive more traffic to your page and generate sales. To do that, you could add more links to your site, publish lots of content on social media and ensure that you’re providing a friendly and easy-to-navigate website interface.
- Try PPC (pay-per-click). This type of marketing consists of paying for advertising if your ads are clicked on. A good example of this strategy is search engine advertising.
Aim for a zero-waste business
Aiming to become a zero-waste company might be challenging. Still, you’ll soon notice that customers appreciate green businesses more than any others because they’re addressing a cause and making efforts in that direction. And keep in mind that wasted material is one of the largest unnecessary expenses for companies. Therefore, you need to examine each manufacturing process currently going on in your business and reduce or eliminate the ones that are the most wasteful.
If you’re not familiar with zero-waste concepts, you can start by looking at its principles and adopt as many as possible on the way. What you should do is:
- Prevent pollution and reduce waste (like using chlorine-free and forest-friendly materials for labelling)
- Evaluate your products and services to ensure they’re not wasteful or toxic
- Use non-toxic production, reuse and recycle when possible
- Avoid generating solid wastes in landfills or incinerate them
To conclude, there are many ways to upgrade your business and take it to the next level. It’s important to conduct periodic check-ups and notice all the areas where you can add improvements and work towards these goals. There are always low-cost solutions that can take you further away with your business, like digital marketing, cultivating strategic partnerships and aiming for a low-waste enterprise.