If you are a British citizen and you need to renew your passport online then sometimes it can be frustrating.
There are so many things that your passport renewal might get rejected. Here, in this article, I am going to wrap up some procedures that make you feel a bit stressed out.
Years have gone by since the British passport renewal form was sent to you by post and then you need to complete that form by hand. Now, the task is slightly easier as you can your British passport renewal online.
But, the forms are still confusing and your form can easily be rejected if you make a little bit mistake in completing the form. This article will discuss all the matters that are related to renewing your passport online.
Table of Contents
How to apply for British passport renewal:
If you are a British citizen but presently residing anywhere in the world then you can easily apply for your British passport renewal online. Applying for the renewal of a British passport is now completely done online. Your new British passport will be delivered to your doorstep within a few weeks.
You must renew your passport if:
- Your passport has expired.
- You do not have much time left on it.
Your online renewal application is less time-consuming and you will save £9.50 and you need to pay only £75.50. To apply online you will need the following documents:
- One digital photo of you
- A credit card or debit card
- Supporting documents that are your older British passport
- Someone who will confirm your identity
Steps to apply for British passport renewal online
The process of applying for the renewal of your British passport is now simpler than ever before. You can follow the below steps and you will get your passport with no delay.
- You need to fill out the easy online application form that you will get on the UK’s government website. You can visit www.gov.uk/apply-renew-passport
- 2. Then you need to fill in the essential details in the form provided.
- You need to post a digital photograph along with your documents.
- Then you will need to make your payments complete using your debit or credit card.
- You need to cross-check all the things properly so that your form doesn’t get refused.
- After completing the entire procedure you need to send your older passport.
- After reviewing your application form and your older passport, the HM passport office will offer you the new one.
1-week passport renewal fast-track service
This fast-track passport renewal service costs:
- £155 to renew an adult passport
- £126 to renew a child passport
You can use this fast-track passport renewal service to:
- To renew a child or an adult passport that has expired or is about to expire.
- If you need to change your details.
- Apply for a first-child passport
- If you need to replace a lost, stolen, or damaged passport
However, if you already applied for a passport renewal and have not received it yet then don’t this fast-track passport renewal service-you will not receive your passport earlier. Instead, you can track your passport application.
The UK passport renewal time
Presently, a UK passport renewal needs 3 to 4 weeks to process and if you are applying for a first-time British passport then it will take 4 to 6 weeks. But, if you are applying from different countries then the time around can vary depending upon which country you are applying from.
What happens if I let my passport expire in the UK?
Ans: If your passport has expired for almost 10 years then you will need to apply for a new one. Because the process of applying for an expired passport is similar to the application for a new one. You will require to provide proof of your identity and your citizenship.
Do I have to send my old passport when renewing online UK?
Ans: Yes, you will require to send your older passport when renewing online in the UK. While applying online, at the end of the application process you will be given an address where you need to send your older passport.
How much does it cost to renew a British passport?
Ans: To renew your British passport, it will cost £82.50 if you apply online or you will require £93 if you fill in a paper form.
Do I need your birth certificate to renew your passport UK?
Ans: To renew your British passport you will require the original versions of certificates or the original government-issued documents such as birth, marriage, death, and divorce. These will be accepted as a supported documents.
How long after expiry can a UK passport be renewed?
Ans: There is no such particular time to renew your passport, you can renew your passport at any time. You need to go forward to renew your British passport if the passport is about to be expired. But there is also the possibility to renew your passport after it gets expired.
The information that I have provided in this article is general guidelines that seem to be helpful for you to renew your British passport. But if you require more information then you need to visit www.gov.uk and search passport.