To the question of how much a digital program creation service can really cost, no one will immediately provide the most accurate answer.
This is due to the generalization of the term because it can consist of a variety of components and be of different levels of complexity. For example, you can talk about creating a simple site or a complex digital program with many features and capabilities.
Only one thing can be said with accuracy: if you turn to a reliable developer company, like Devox Software, which can offer a team of highly qualified specialists, then all costs are guaranteed to pay off over time.
But about what affects the cost of web development and what approaches to work are the most effective – you can and should talk about this, especially for those who set out to acquire a commercial site. And we will look at effective methods to reduce the price of an application if it is excessively high.
Reasons for a website deployment
Along with the growing popularity of mobile devices, the demand for web programs is also growing. If we consider the ratings of industries today, then the first positions in it will be occupied by the media, e-commerce, travel, healthcare, entertainment, and education. So, we’re talking about the potential for activity in the app-building industry. What does it mean:
- experts say that in five years the web development market will exceed $10.4 billion in revenue;
- if we compare the demand for using such applications on laptops and phones, other gadgets, then on personal computers the rate of conversion will be several times higher (% will be at least twice as high);
- More than half of all smartphone users remove apps from their devices because they don’t need them or they take up too much space.
The main characteristics that are able to lead to the fact that specialists will actively implement technologies called PWA is considered to be their exceptional desire to save disk space. Also, with the active introduction of technology, for sure, anyone wants to get the most easy-to-use digital product as a result. In particular, web deployment should also be easy to service, have the top possible conversion rates.
For example, all the same, digital products in modern times are used on smartphones of the latest models, and so, when developing web applications, developers take this fact into account. An additional reason why new technologies are introduced is fast loading and receiving messages here and now (we are talking about real-time mode). Accordingly, they take into account the fact that the popularity of intelligent technologies – AR, VR, IoT is growing significantly.
Factors that can significantly affect the price during developing online applications
Many consumers of companies that offer to develop online applications cannot understand why they are not able to immediately clarify the price of their work, if the clients, in turn, fully speak about all the wishes.
The fact is that it is very difficult to make calculations from only one idea. Many various factors influence the cost, namely:
- Workload. It is important that the application is functional. This is the main criterion in creating a product, regardless of what kind of product it is: a simple mobile application or complex business management software. This depends on the difficulty of the task whether the process will need to use different APIs, databases, whether it should be compatible with different platforms – PCs and mobile devices. All this affects the cost of work. And writing code takes a lot of time. If the creators have to rush, they will not be able to develop the perfect code, and then all the errors will show up very quickly.
- UX/UI complexity level. With a beginning of creation of a design solution on an individual basis, the cost of such work will most likely be paid more than a traditional solution. As for the difference in prices, it is the cost that will vary on how complicated the procedure for developing the design itself will be, how much animation, effects, various chips and technologies will have to be introduced. For example, to create a basic web page, like in Spotify, you need to spend about a day on this work. Accordingly, a specialist will not spend such a number of hours (about 6-20) for little money.
If a product is created in 6-8 hours, then you will have to pay from 300 to 400 dollars for work, and development for 16-20 hours costs from 800 to 1000 dollars. And these prices will be much higher if the product uses 3D animation or similar complex elements – 4-5 thousand dollars!
- How to find a developer. Prices may vary depending on the model of cooperation. There are three of them and this:
- freelancer – suitable for doing simple work on developing or updating software. This solution has one important plus – low cost of services. But there are also risks, and this: you will have to hire an additional technical specialist to check the relevance of the product, you need to draw up a special TOR for a freelancer, sometimes you also need an additional project manager, and it will be difficult to calculate the exact cost, since business analytics is for sure not a freelancer’s forte. And it’s also very difficult to control a remote worker, so it’s not a fact that the deadline will be met;
- internal team – ideal for a customer who is involved in several projects at once or who wants to become part of the deployment process. Of the pluses, it is worth noting absolute control, the ability to make adjustments at any time and simple communication without communication problems. But there are also disadvantages, namely: it is necessary to order services from technicians who will be able to check and consult on testing issues, online application specifications, clarify the duration of operation, which is explained by the need to get to know and study any of the team members, and you will also need additional funds for office rent, equipment rental, purchase of special software;
- an outsourcing firm is considered a cool solution, because specialists will be able to help in combining the high speed of creating an online product at a normal and favorable price. What is important is what the final digital program will be, and it must be 100 percent high quality. The main advantage of this choice will be such a criterion that a particular outsourcing company will ultimately be responsible for the process of supplying a digital project and its direct development. You can choose a company in your country or abroad. This enhances the client’s options. Other benefits include the experience of the specialists, the specification of work at the request of the customer, the presence of an expert in conducting business intelligence for an accurate assessment of the project, a turnkey testing service, quality assurance, deadlines and delivery of the product to the client.
- Location. Foreign companies charge more for work than domestic companies. It has nothing to do with the level of quality. Both one and the other care about their reputation, so they do quality work. The only difference is advertising and location.