According to the World Bank’s ‘Doing Business’ assessment, the United Kingdom (UK) is one of the easiest nations to start and run a business in Europe, with an overload of notable global firms and enterprises. Low corporate taxes, robust infrastructure, more stable political situations, manageable regulations, and a low flexible labour market in Europe are primary reasons why the UK has become a hotspot for entrepreneurs.
However, establishing an international company in the United Kingdom might be difficult. We’ll look at the application process for a UK Business VISA, the documentation you’ll need, and how to get it.
Table of Contents
Can A Foreigner Start A Business In the UK?
Yes, a foreigner can start a business in the United Kingdom. However, they will need to obtain a business visa to do so. In this article below, we have explained the UK Business Visa application process comprehensively.
Types Of UK Visa
There are numerous types of UK visas available, each designed for a specific length of stay and purpose. Let’s have a look at the different sorts of visas before digging more into the process of receiving a UK business visa:
A person can apply for a UK Visitor Visa for several reasons, including leisure, business, sports and artistic events, transit through the UK, private medical treatments, and so on. It is the primary category under which you must apply for a UK business visa.
Working in the United Kingdom necessitates obtaining a work visa. These differ from business visas in that they get separated into tiers based on the type of work a person desires to do in the UK.
This visa is necessary for students who wish to study in the United Kingdom. Short-term study visas (for short-term courses and valid for 6 months to 1 year), Tier 4 (Child Student), and Tier 4 (International Student) are the three categories of Student UK Visas available (General Student above age 16).
Types Of UK Business Visa
Here is the list of types of UK Business Visa:
- UK Standard Visitor Visa for Businesspersons.
- UK Innovator Visa.
- UK Start-Up Visa.
- UK Exceptional Talent visa (Tier 1)
- UK Graduate Entrepreneur visa (Tier 1)
- UK Investor visa (Tier 1)
- Representative of an Overseas Business UK visa.
- UK Turkish Businessperson visa.
How Do I Get A UK Business Visa?
- Research the business visa requirements for the UK. Make sure you are eligible for a business visa the UK.
- Gather the required documents, including a passport, proof of finances, and an invitation letter from your UK host company.
- Complete the online application form and pay the visa fee.
- Schedule an appointment at your nearest British embassy or consulate. Attend your appointment and submit your documents.
- Wait for a decision on your application. If approved, you will receive your business visa in the mail.
Now that you know the process for getting a UK business visa, make sure to start your application well before your travel date!
After you have obtained your business visa in the UK, there are several activities that you are prohibited from undertaking. These activities include:
- Working in another job other than what you have specified in your application.
- Changing the job or business activity that you stated in your application.
- Studying for more than 20 hours per week.
- Set up a business or be self-employed without permission from the UK authorities.
- Bringing family members with you to the UK unless they have also applied for and got granted a visa.
- Staying in the UK for longer than the period specified on your visa.
- Leaving the UK and then attempting to re-enter using a different visa type.
- Failing to maintain adequate financial funds during your stay in the UK.
- Engaging in any criminal activity while in the UK.
Application Process For UK Business Visa
The process of forming a business in a foreign nation comes with its own set of complications, and the process of obtaining a visa adds to the rigorous and arduous procedures. To make the process easier for you, we’ve put together a step-by-step guide to applying for a Business VISA UK:
- Begin by familiarizing yourself with the eligibility criteria for your selected visa, and the dates and papers required while filling out the application form. In addition, the applicant will need a valid passport and identity proving documents, detailed in the sections below.
- Suppose you are applying for a Business Visa UK. In that case, you will need to fill out the relevant paperwork online and visit a visa application center near you with the essential documents, including biometric data.
- You must give necessary papers and proofs, such as details of your planned meetings, travel dates, projected costs, home address, financial and employment information, and so on, depending on your purpose for applying for a UK Business Visa.
- After you submit your documents and complete your applications, you’ll need to pay your VISA fees either online or at the visa application center.
Eligibility Criteria For UK Business Visa
There are a few eligibility criteria that you will need to meet to apply for a UK business visa:
- You must be at least 18 or over.
- You must have the required documents that are valid.
- You must be from a country that is on the list of approved countries.
- You must have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK.
- You must have a valid passport.
- You must demonstrate that you have a genuine reason for wanting to visit the UK for business purposes.
Frequently Asked Questions About UK Business Visa
How much do I need to invest for a UK visa?
The UK visa requirements for investment are pretty clear-cut. You need to have £2,000,000 in investable funds to apply for a Tier 1 Investor visa. These funds can be in the form of cash, stocks, bonds, or other investments. You will also need to show that you have held these funds for at least 3 months before applying for the visa. A £2 million minimum investment is required, but you can choose to invest more if you wish. The investment must be made within 3 months of receiving your visa and must be held for a minimum of 5 years.
What are the documents required for a business visa?
To obtain a UK Business Visa, you must submit a variety of documents listed below:
A valid passport or any other identity proof for travel.
Bank statements, a letter of proof of earnings, and if someone is financially supporting your stay, a letter demonstrating appropriate finances.
A candidate for a Business visa UK must also supply information about their company, including registration documentation, especially if they are self-employed.
You must show proof of your plans while in the UK by submitting suggested documents such as confirmation letters for meetings or business appointments, among other things.
This article guided you through the complete process of applying for a UK Business Visa. Get your documents ready, fill out the application form, know what you are not allowed to do in the UK and you are good to go.