Digital technology for SMBs is constantly evolving and at a pace that can create problems for many businesses. Follow these five steps to manage your company’s digital transformation easily!
A digital consulting firm uses methods that help streamline workflows. Change can improve performance and streamline work processes.
Table of Contents
Reasons for digital transformation in companies
Before we go into the 5-step model in this article, let’s take a step back and look at the reasons for a company’s digital transformation in the first place. Because before you start something new, you should be clear about what you are doing it for.
Digital transformation is a process in which companies adapt their business models, processes, and technologies to changing digital requirements. Methods are never painless.
There are many reasons why companies undertake a digital transformation:
- Improving efficiency and productivity: Digital technologies can help to optimize processes and increase efficiency and productivity in the company. This includes, for example, the automation of workflows or the use of cloud-based solutions.
- Increasing customer satisfaction: A digital transformation can increase customer satisfaction by improving the availability of information or optimizing customer communication.
- Increasing competitiveness: In many industries, digital transformation is becoming an important competitive factor, and companies that fail to adapt risk losing out. A digital transformation can make the company more competitive by developing new business models or services.
- Improving data quality and use: Digital technologies enable the collection and analyzing large volumes of data. A digital transformation can improve the quality and usability of data in the company and thus make better decisions.
- Creating new business opportunities: A digital transformation can open up new business opportunities by opening up new markets or developing new products or services. By using digital technologies, companies can also create new business models and thus tap into new sources of revenue.
So there are many reasons why companies undertake a digital transformation.
However, it is essential that digital consulting is built on careful planning and preparation and is tailored to the individual needs and circumstances of the company to be implemented successfully.
How to drive digital consulting in your company
To ensure that the digital transformation in your company is successful, you need to consider many factors. If you need more confidence in your abilities, you can ask for professional help.
For example, the company Euristiq helps to implement digital consulting in business. At the strategy development stage, the specifics of the work and weaknesses of the company are taken into account.
If you have enough knowledge and experience, you can try one or more models from the list below.
- Explain to your employees why your company needs to become more digital. Sit down with key employees to review each business area. Record what is working well and what is not. The task is to identify weaknesses that can be improved through digital consulting. Also, analyze your customer feedback rate. It tells you how satisfied customers are with you. What about repeat purchases from customers? With fast processing from order to delivery? Also, take an honest look at your current technology. Review the way you use data and where there are any gaps in skills or resources. Is your data providing the answers you need? Then, examine how digital technology and better data can help your business. Also, look at your competitor’s and other industries’ technological accomplishments.
- The solutions to vulnerabilities in your business don’t necessarily have anything to do with technology. But you should explore how technology and better data can help your business in specific areas as part of your digital transformation. Create a clear action plan for acquiring and implementing digital solutions. The plan should include key milestones and steps your organization must take to maximize the benefits of technology and data.
- Management must understand the need for change and be the first to implement technology and execute its action plan.
- Create a communication plan to explain the transition to your team, address employee concerns, and get quick feedback on problems.
- If change does not become the core of your corporate mentality, you will likely fall back into old patterns sooner or later. Your goal must be to foster a culture of continuous innovation and quality improvement. Digital transformation in your company cannot be done with a simple checklist.
You can also help support a culture of change. Use dashboards, newsletters, and meetings to inform employees regularly of results. This creates a cycle of continuous improvement based on data, facts, and information.
Checklist digital transformation
A company’s digital transformation can be a complex task, as it often requires profound changes in the company. Creating a checklist that considers the essential steps and aspects can be helpful in successfully implementing digital transformation. Such a checklist could include the following points, for example:
- Goals and vision: It is essential to set clear goals and an eye for digital transformation to maintain focus and guide change in a meaningful direction.
- Analysis of the current situation: To successfully implement the digital transformation, it is essential to analyze the company’s current situation thoroughly. This includes, for example, analyzing processes, IT systems, and customer needs.
- Development of a transformation plan: Based on the analysis of the current situation, a transformation plan should be developed that defines the most important steps and measures to implement the digital transformation.
- Employee involvement: Digital transformation usually affects all of a company’s employees, and it is essential to involve them early on and gain their support.
- Selection and introduction of IT systems: An essential component of digital transformation is the selection and introduction of IT systems that support the company. This includes, for example, the selection of CRM or ERP systems.
- Training and continuing education: To successfully implement a digital transformation, employees must acquire the necessary skills and knowledge. This includes, for example, training in the use of IT systems or further training in digital skills.
- Monitoring and evaluation: To ensure that the digital transformation is implemented successfully, monitoring and evaluating progress regularly is essential. This includes, for example, reviewing key performance indicators such as customer satisfaction or process improvements.
These points form only a rough guide and may vary depending on the company and situation.
It is essential to create an individual checklist that is tailored to the needs and circumstances of considering the crucial aspects of digital transformation — supportive professional support in successfully implementing the digital transformation and achieving the desired results.