If you are looking to create a luxury bathroom suite, something contemporary and also affordable then this article is right for you!
Table of Contents
Add a separate toilet area.
- It creates a sense of privacy. Having a separate toilet area allows you to do your business in private and gives you an additional spot for applying makeup or getting ready.
- It doesn’t have to be a large space. A small corner (more than 2 feet) is usually enough room to help isolate the toilet from the rest of the bathroom, which can make guests feel more comfortable.
- Other people can use it while you’re showering or bathing. This feature is especially helpful if your luxurious but contemporary bathroom has only one sink and multiple family members will be using it in the morning.
You’ll need at least 33 inches of counter space to install two sinks, but a double vanity can take up as much as 60 inches of your bathroom’s length. If you have enough floor space, a double vanity will give you the opportunity to customize your storage options. While the additional expense will vary depending on which style or material you choose, average costs range from £2,000 to £4000 for each sink added to your remodel budget (via Remodeling).
Utilize smart storage solutions with a focus on efficiency. Smart storage is key in the master bathroom, and maximizing it can help you make the most of your space. Built-in medicine cabinets are a classic option, while hanging baskets, wall-mounted racks, towel hooks, or shelving units can add more options without taking up floor room. While some may put more emphasis on design than function when choosing bathroom fixtures, there’s no reason why both can’t be accomplished at once. For example, an open-shelved vanity or floating shelves can promote an airy feeling in a small space while also fulfilling your storage needs; or for a modern look that’s also practical, consider glass towel bars or mirrored shelving that fits into tight spaces but allows you to hang multiple towels at once. It’s worth discussing options with your renovator to ensure that you’re getting the most out of your new bathroom’s layout.
- Use a quality vanity cabinet.
- Use a quality countertop.
- Use good quality flooring that is easy to clean.
- Use quality shower and bath fixtures.
- Use a quality mirror.
- Ensure there is enough space in the bathroom.
- Make sure the lighting is good.
When it comes to creating a luxurious master bath, the most important thing to remember is this: more light is always better.
You’ll find that lighting plays a crucial role in setting the mood, creating ambiance, and transforming your bathroom into a relaxing oasis. You might already have ideas for how you want your bathroom to look, but if you don’t feel like you’ve taken full advantage of what lighting can do, then go back and reconsider that area of the room. Even if you think your bathroom is too small for any significant change to occur, there are solutions for every size of space.
- Granite countertops.
- Tile, whether natural stone or porcelain.
- Hardwood flooring, with radiant heat in the colder months.
- Framed mirrors, custom cabinets and hardware, and additional storage space for linens and towels.
- A jetted tub with a separate shower or a walk-in shower with two or more showerheads, depending on your preference for bathing solo or as a couple.
- If you’ve got the budget for it: consider upgrading to a steam shower and/or adding a fireplace and other luxuries like a sauna room (but remember that these will also add to your energy bill). Smart home technology can allow you to automate some of these features so they’re ready when you are; this is especially helpful if you have more than one bathroom but only want one set of extra bells and whistles turned on at any given time. The bidet is another option that some find luxurious—no matter what size the washroom is in square footage (because we all know bigger isn’t always better) this fixture’s place there adds style points while its utility brings comfort too!
A luxury master bathroom will make your home more attractive to potential buyers if you ever decide to sell.
A luxury master bathroom is an investment, so it’s important to consider your overall investment strategy. While you may like the idea of having a spa-inspired oasis in your home, it’s also important to think about how a luxury bathroom will fit into any plans you have for selling your home in the future.
Here are some reasons why adding a luxury master bathroom is a smart choice:
- A luxury master bathroom will add value to your home. In fact, upgrading or adding your bathroom can increase your home’s value by as much as 3% or more. This means that even if you plan on living in the same home long-term, your new and improved master bath can eventually pay for itself if you decide to sell at any point down the road.
- Luxury bathrooms give homeowners a place to relax and take care of themselves. After all, self-care is essential—and spending time relaxing in a luxurious bathroom can be just what you need after work or school. Giving yourself this space is an excellent way to show yourself some appreciation and love! You deserve it!
- A luxurious master bath may help attract potential buyers if you plan on selling at some point in the future. If you’re thinking about putting your house on the market soon, it’s never too early to start making upgrades throughout the entire property—including the bathrooms!